NeuroPrime Red Cell and Reagent Kit Contents
- 1 vial (0.45mL) IncuCyte® NeuroLight Red Lentiviral Reagent (synapsin promoter)
- 1 vial (2 x 106 cells) IncuCyte® rCortical Neurons (cryopreserved rat cortical neurons)
- 1 vial (2 x 106 cells) IncuCyte® rAstrocytes (cryopreserved rat astrocytes)
- Validated protocol for setting up a single 96-well co-culture assay
The kit is intended for use on the IncuCyte® Live-Cell Analysis System with the IncuCyte® NeuroTrack Software Module (Cat. No. 9600-0010) installed.
- Cryopreserved vials of cortical neurons and astrocytes isolated from early embryonic stage (E18) Sprague-Dawley rats (1x vial of each, 2 x 106 cells/vial)
- IncuCyte® NeuroLight Red Lentiviral Reagent, expressing the red fluorescent protein mKate2 under control of a synapsin promoter (1x vial, 0.45 mL)
- Minimal expression of fluorescence in non-neuronal cell types
- NeuroLight Red Reagent is non-perturbing to neuronal biology
- Validated protocol for optimal neuron labeling and assay performance
- Ideal for studies of neurotoxicity or general biology of established neural networks
Example Images and Segmentation
Neurite outgrowth of primary rat cortical neurons in co-culture with rat astrocytes measured using the NeuroPrime Red Cell and Reagent Kit and NeuroTrack Software Module. Upper left: Primary rat cortical neurons in co-culture were labeled with the NeuroLight Red Reagent and imaged seven days post plating at 20x. Upper right: Corresponding HD-phase contrast image. Lower left: Automated image segmentation of neurites (yellow). Lower right: Automated image segmentation of cell body clusters (blue).