NeuroPrime Orange Cell and Reagent Kit Contents
- 1 vial (0.45mL) IncuCyte® NeuroPrime Orange Lentivirus
- 1 vial (2 x 106 cells) cryopreserved IncuCyte® rCortical Neurons
- 1 vial (2 x 106 cells) cryopreserved IncuCyte® rAstrocytes
- Validated protocol for setting up a single 96-well co-culture assay.
The kit is intended for use on IncuCyte® Live-Cell Analysis Systems configured with the Orange/NIR Optical Module, along with the IncuCyte® Neuronal Activity Analysis Software Module (Cat. No. 9600-0032).
- Cryopreserved vials of cortical neurons and astrocytes isolated from early embryonic stage (E18) Sprague-Dawley rats (1x vial of each, 2 x 106 cells/vial)
- IncuCyte® NeuroLight Orange Lentivirus, expressing the orange fluorescent protein TagRFP under control of a synapsin promoter (1x vial, 0.45 mL)
- Minimal expression of fluorescence in non-neuronal cell types
- The NeuroLight Orange Lentivirus is non-perturbing to neuronal biology
- Validated protocol for optimal neuron labeling and assay performance
- Ideal for studies of neurotoxicity or general biology of established neural networks
Example Images and Segmentation
Neurite outgrowth of primary rat cortical neurons in co-culture with rat astrocytes measured using the NeuroPrime Orange Cell and Reagent Kit and NeuroTrack Software Module. Upper left: Primary rat cortical neurons in co-culture were labeled with the NeuroLight Orange Reagent and imaged seven days post plating at 20x. Upper right: Corresponding HD-phase contrast image. Lower left: Automated image segmentation of neurites (turquoise). Lower right: Automated image segmentation of cell body clusters (purple).