NeuroPrime Cell Kit Contents
- 1 vial (0.45mL) NeuroLight Red Lentivirus reagent (synapsin promoter)
- 1 vial (2 x 106 cells) NeuroPrime rCortical Neurons (cryopreserved primary rat forebrain)
- 1 vial (2 x 106 cells) NeuroPrime rAstrocytes (cryopreserved rat astrocytes)
Validated protocol for setting up a single 96-well co-culture assay.
The kit is intended for use on the IncuCyte® live-cell analysis system with the IncuCyte® NeuroTrack software module (9600-0010) installed.
- Cryopreserved vials of cortical neurons and astrocytes isolated from early embryonic stage (E18) Sprague-Dawley rats (1x vial of each, 2 x 106 cells/vial)
- IncuCyte® NeuroLight Red Lentivirus reagent, expressing the red fluorescent protein mKate2 under control of a synapsin promoter (1x vial, 0.45 mL)
- Minimal expression of fluorescence in non-neuronal cell types
- NeuroLight Red reagent is non-perturbing to neuronal biology
- Validated protocol for optimal neuron labeling and assay performance
- Ideal for studies of neurotoxicity or general biology of established neural networks
Example Images and Segmentation
Neurite outgrowth of primary rat cortical neurons in co-culture with rat astrocytes measured using the NeuroPrime Cell Kit and NeuroTrack software module. Upper left : Primary rat forebrain neurons in co-culture were labeled with the NeuroLight Red lentivirus reagent and imaged seven days post plating at 20x. Upper right : Corresponding HD-phase contrast image.Lower left: Automated image segmentation of neurites (yellow). Lower right: Automated image segmentation of cell body clusters (blue).
Assay Performance Data
Lower left: Microplate view of neurite length changes over time for all wells in a 96 well plate. Lower right: Assay stability over multiple days; mean neurite length for one column (n=8) of control wells was measured at 288 hours for 13 plates run over a 5 month period. Solid line plots overall average neurite length and dashed lines plot +20% change from average value.